What’s better than our raw honey? Raw lime honey!
Lime honey goes by many names, but it comes from the nectar-rich blossoms of the Linden tree. Mankind has long been fascinated by the Linden tree; it symbolized love, good health, truth, and prosperity across many European cultures. In Romania, where our raw lime honey comes from, the Linden tree is considered sacred because of its protective properties.
Lime or ‘linden’ honey has been in use for thousands of years. It has a delightfully refreshing scent reminiscent of floral meadows and a cool mint aftertaste. With its pleasant aroma and unique fruity taste, this is the honey that enthralls all senses - perfect choice for honey lovers who appreciate fruity and floral undertones.
Lime honey is a monoflower honey that is light in color. Raw lime honey is initially gold yellow or green, but it darkens to amber with time. Because of its high glucose to fructose levels, raw lime honey crystallizes quickly. This is natural with forest honey and you can easily de-crystalize your jar by placing it in a lukewarm water bath (keep the temperature under 50° to keep your honey potent)
Raw lime honey that has not been processed, filtered, or heated is loaded with more than 400 natural substances that nourish the body and improve our wellbeing. These include nutrients like forms of vitamins, essential trace minerals, and plant-based compounds with potent antioxidant and anti-septic properties.
Because of its unique composition and appealing taste, lime honey has many medicinal and food uses. It can be added to a range of popular dishes, salads, and drinks. Whether it’s being served alongside a salad at a barbecue, with a hot cup of tea or you’re simply enjoying a spoonful on its own our sparkling pure lime honey will always taste amazing!
Size: 340 g
Color: Light yellow or green to clear amber (Darkens as it matures)
Texture: Medium to thick (Thickens as it matures)
Sweetness: Medium to high with a hint of zestiness
*Color may vary
Strong and fresh woody aroma with hints of menthol, camphor, and fruitiness. It has medium to high sweetness (sweeter than most light honeys) and low natural acidity astringent. Leaves a lingering slightly astringent aftertaste
Raw lime honey by Nature’s Blends is sourced from the majestic Linden (lime) tree forests that cover the Romanian mountainside.
The sprawling natural forests have remained untouched by human activity and are free from toxins, artificial pollutants like pesticides, and other contaminants. It is only under these perfect conditions (unpolluted soil, temperate weather, and clean air) that our raw and organic lime honey is produced and collected.
The Linden or Lime tree holds a special place in not just the European tradition but across the northern hemisphere and the rest of the world. For thousands of years, its extracts have been used to soothe, heal, and nurture the body. Lime honey is known by many names across the world:
Botanical Species - Tilia
General Name - Linden Honey
In America - Basswood Honey
In Britain - Lime Honey
All varieties of lime honey come from either linden trees (in Europe) or basswood trees (in the US). Regardless of specie, all these trees fall under the same tree genus or family: Tilia. Lime honey can be produced using any specie of Tilia.
The Linden tree is one of the few ancient trees that have always been deeply revered for their naturally soothing presence. In some cultures, the Linden tree represented the tree of life, in others, it symbolized strength, prosperity, and good health.
Raw lime honey is produced by mountain bees that feed solely on the small white and yellow, nectar-packed flowers of Linden trees during late spring to early summer. The linden tree is a tall and gorgeous tree that can live on for hundreds of years. It only blossoms for a brief window of 7-10 warm and humid days. During this time, the bees collect nectar and produce most of the honey.
Like most herbal honeys, raw lime honey is rich in a cocktail of enriching nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. Lime honey is one of the most vitamin-rich honeys you can find. It also contains trace minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium, and zinc that are readily absorbed into the body.
Raw lime honey also contains polyphenols, flavonoids, and tannins as well as other antioxidants and plant-based compounds with anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. In fact, lime honey has been used in folk remedies for hundreds of years.
Here are some of the main health benefits of raw lime honey:
- Antioxidant properties - raw lime honey is loaded with natural compounds (polyphenols, flavonoids, and tannins) with major antioxidant properties.
- Anti-septic - linden or lime honey has anti-bacterial properties which help to combat many infections and illnesses
- Reduces anxiety - extracts derived from the lime tree have a soothing effect on the body, raw lime honey is a natural and gentle way to counter stress and anxiety
- Regularizes sleep - raw lime honey soothes both the body and mind; it has a mildly sedative effect, so it is a perfect natural aide for people with insomnia and other sleep disorders.
- Offers relief in cold and flu - Because of its antiseptic properties and nourishing, raw lime honey can soothe the throat and gently alleviate the symptoms of colds and flu
- Improves digestion - raw lime honey is good for our digestive tract; it reduces gut irritation, acidity, cramping, and other such problems because of its anti-inflammatory effects.
- Boosts skin health - the anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties of raw lime honey make it the perfect ingredient for face masks and skin treatments. Raw lime honey reduces blemishes, prevents acne, and restores the suppleness of the skin
- Strengthens immunity - Over 400 micro and macronutrients are present in raw lime honey. These nutrients and compounds keep us healthy and strengthen our immune system.
*Colours may vary to image.
Nutrition Facts Average per 100g Average serving size 21g Energy (Kcal) 330 69 Energy (kj) 1410 296 Carbohydrates (g) 80 17 of which sugars (g) 65 14
Servings per container: 16
Raw Lime Honey (340g)
What could be better than our pure raw honey?
Great efficient service and quality
Oil is best but capsules are still good... maybe 3-4 Capsules a day equals a teaspoon of the oil!! This is a cure all u will feel different In a month... the honey is excellent as well u can taste the difference great stuff guys keep up the good work!!
i would like to thank the team working in nature blends. Natural products Alhamdulilah my mom have seen positive changes in her health since using manuka honey and black seed capsules.