Raw Thyme Honey by Nature’s Blends comes from Greek countryside, where it is still grown with the same love and reverence it was thousands of years ago. For Ancient Greeks, thyme symbolized bravery and good health. They burnt thyme as incense and their medicinal manuscripts recommend it as a remedy for a range of ailments.
Raw thyme honey encompasses a unique flavor profile and an intense taste. Its beautiful color with light hues of orange, red, and yellow capture the very plant this honey is sourced from. Raw thyme honey is considered specialty honey because it is very rare.
Because thyme honey combines the nourishing properties of raw honey (one of the easiest superfoods to digest) with the therapeutic properties of the Thyme herb, it has a range of medicinal and culinary uses.
Size: 340 G
Colour: Dark Amber
*Colours may vary to image.
Raw Thyme Honey has a herbal aroma with hints of intense spice and floral undertones. It's medium to mildly sweet. The smooth sweetness is followed by a pleasant aftertaste of tangy herbs.
Our raw thyme honey comes from the soft slopes of Greek mountains, where bees feed on thyme herb (Thymus Vulgaris) and wildflowers during a brief time in spring.
Thyme has been around for ages and is known by many names:
Botanical Name - Thymus Vulgaris, Thymus Serpyllum
English - Wild Thyme, Mother of Thyme, Shepherd's Thyme
Arabic - (Zaatar) زَعْتَر
The thyme herb held a deep cultural, spiritual, and medicinal significance for ancient Greeks who used it as a pain reliever. Ancient Egyptians were also very fond of thyme and used to inhale it to improve respiratory function, digestion memory, and mindfulness.
Thyme is a resilient herb that can survive in hot climates. It belongs to the Thymus family which falls in the same family as mint and sage. Thyme honey is produced during a small window in mid-spring to early summer when the plant blooms. Because bees that feed on thyme produce less honey, raw thyme honey is considered specialty honey
Have a sore or dry throat? The cooling sensation and subtly spicy scent of Thyme Honey will clear it up in an instant. Thyme honey contains phenols and biocides, that give it its anti-microbial properties. It also special antioxidants that prevent cell damage and assist regrowth and repair.
The list of thyme honey benefits is endless but here are the main ones you don’t want to miss out on:
- A wealth of antioxidants - raw thyme honey is loaded with antioxidants that protect us against free radical damage on a cellular level
- Anti-inflammatory - thyme honey contains thymol, a plant-based phenol that reduces swelling, inflammation, and irritation
- Relieves sore throat - the soothing properties of the spice coupled with its anti-inflammatory effect can counter mucous buildup, nasal congestion, cough and offer relief
- Anti-bacterial, anti-septic, anti-fungal - Researchers found that the phenols and other antioxidants present in thyme have anti-microbial properties
- Wound relief - aids skin repair and heals wounds, burns, superficial scars when applied topically
- Anti-allergenic -Thyme honey contains anti-allergenic compounds like Quercetin that prevent the release of histamine, offering relief during allergies.
Nutrition Facts Average per 100g Average serving size 21g Energy (Kcal) 333 70 Energy (kj) 1394 293 Fats (g) 0 0 Carbohydrates (g) 66 14 of which sugars (g) 63 13 Protein (g) 0.2 0.04 Salt (g) 0 0
Servings per container: 1
Delicious authentic honey! A must buy. Delivery quick too and packaged brilliantly, thanks
It’s a really good honey I’ve never tried it before but it’s good I like it
Tasted very good.
Have not been disappointed by any of natures blends products and I especially love that they are natural. Packaging has been great too. Thank you. I recommend to anyone to definitely try this brand.